Sunday 17 August 2014

The Colour Red (Colorado)


Our hotel in Steamboat Springs.  We both had an oil change done here.  Remember this as I will refer to it later.


Me and my 'bessie opo'.  Best company I have had all month and the only knee I got to feel.


Wearing my waterproofs therefore we were having mountain rain.


So some decent weather before more rain.




This is the front of the train that would cut a path through the snow.




Just outside of the ski resort of Breckenridge we started climbing and then climbing and then some more climbing until we could not go any higher.  The place we had arrived at was Boreas Pass and at the top stood a house and out buildings that used to be used by the supervisor and his small team who were responsible for the maintenance of this section of the railway.


It was time to camp and what better place was there to camp?



Camilla liked the pretty yellow flowers along the side of the road.


Observing the number one water crossing rule.  Walk it before crossing.


and then ride it!!




A little fast round a bend.  When Camilla did not appear as I waited down the track I had visions that the bike has disappeared off the bike off the edge to the right.  Now that would have been a nightmare!!!  Fortunately neither rider nor machine were hurt.




One for miss Doyle.



Yet another great campsite



A little chilly in the morning.


Cold enough to wear a hat as I purified water.







All the gear and this little cowboy did have a very good idea








It was my fault since my bike was in the way.  It was where I left it after I had fallen off and then headed back to see if she was OK.  'No thanks for the wicked'



Fortunately the track went down the side of the runway










This guy had 15 minutes to eat all the pancakes.  I think that if successful then he got them free.  Why?  Eat loads of sweet muck, make yourself feel sick just so that you do not have to pay for feeling crap!!!!




Waterproofs!!  I guess that means more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment