Wednesday 22 April 2009

7 countries down

Before I left J&S Motorcycles in New Malden got me out of a fix by doing some last minute work to my bike. In addition they spent a lot of time helping me to prep it. Thanks especially to Mike and Sean!


Due to the ferry blockade I took the Eurotunnel to Calais and the road to Ypres where I visited the Menen Gate and a number of cemeteries. Then met up with my riding buddy at the Nurburg Ring and travelled onto Nurnberg. A very historical place since it was the HQ for the Nazi party and quite amazing to think what happened there. Then we headed for the Alps and had some awesome winding roads which were fun despite the weight I was carrying, the wet roads and knobbly tyres. Italy, Slovenia where we stayed near Kranjska Gora (ski resort, closed and so no beds) but the locals found us a room. Now we are in Croatia having a day off. Oh yes it has rained nearly all day everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment